Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Several Things

Yesterday I officially registered for the Disneyland 1/2 marathon in September. I am really excited about going to CA and completing this run. I want the Coast to Coast medal. We have been to Disneyland once back in 2001. California Adventure had been open for about month at the time. We loved Disneyland, but we were really not to impressed with California Adventure. I know it is now undergoing a major re-hab. I have read it will be and look more like the golden age of Hollywood when it's done. I hope so because I think that age was a special time in our great country.

This past weekend I took advantage of the buy 4 gete 3 free at WDW. We decided to go at the end of June for a week. We will be there over the 4th of July, which is something I have always wanted to do. I'm not sure the fireworks can get any better than they are now, but I bet they do something special for the 4th. Can't wait to see.

I am still plodding along with my training for the Louisville 1/2 later this month. Last Saturday I did 11 miles and this Saturday will do 12 miles which will be my longest run before the 1/2. I will start to taper after this Saturday. The wind has been absolutely awful here, which makes it tough somedays while running. I am ready for some nice warm weather. After runnning Louisville I am signed up to do a local run called the Lake Run. It is a 7 1/2 mile run around a local lake. This one is lots of fun. Once you get done there have tons of free food and beer. It's well worth the $20.00 dollar entry fee.

Thanks for reading!!!

Til next time, run strong and enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment