Thursday, April 23, 2009

Last Training Run

Yesterday I did my last training run, a 3 miler, before the mini marathon Saturday in Louisville. The weather is supposed to be in the lows 80's on race day. I hope its in the high 50's to lows 60's at race time.

I am really looking forward to running the course. There are 12,000 runners starting the race. Putting it in perspective, there were over 17,000 at the Disney World 1/2 marathon in January. I know I will want to get off to a fast start once the crowd thins out some. I also know I have to pace myself so I don't flame out early.

I will have my own cheering section at the finish. My wife, daughter & son in law will be there. Once I complete the race I am going to shut my training down some. I do have a 7 1/2 mile run on Saturday May 2nd. Its a local race that is done every year. After that I am just going to do some maintenance running until I start training for the Disneyland 1/2 in September.

Speaking of Disney World, only about 2 months until we get to spend a week there. Can't wait.

Thanks for reading.

Til next time, run strong & enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment