Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Final Thoughts on the Derby Festival mini marathon


My experience running the derby festival mini marathon was a great one. From the time I was picked up by the shuttle bus until I crossed the finish line I enjoyed every moment. There were plenty of water stops and the on course entertainment was good. There were spectators throughout the course cheering runners on and at the finish line it was fantastic with all the people lining the streets.

The entire event was very well organized. It is obvious they have held this event for many years. I will most definitely sign up and run this race again next year. I have to say a big Thank You to my own personal cheering section at the finish line. I really appreciated their support and encouragement. Thanks to Pam for putting up with my hobby of running. I know sometimes I have to drive her nuts talking about it. She has allowed me to commit a vast amount of time to preparing for the races I run. Thank You Dear, I love you.

Thanks for reading.

Til next time, run strong & enjoy the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I came over to your blog from the WISH boards. Congratulations on your great finish time. I enjoyed the race report. It sounds like a fun race and I've always been fascinated by the Kentucky Derby, so maybe someday I'll plan a trip out to experience both.

    ReplyDelete