Thursday, April 1, 2010

5 weeks away

Only 5 weeks away. It does not seem possible. 5 weeks til my first full marathon. I am excited and looking forward to running it. Nice flat course. A good choice for my first full, I think.

This past week I ran a total of 34 miles. My long run, yep I mean long, was 21 miles on Saturday. It took me 3 hours & 55 minutes to do it. I felt better after this run than I did the week before on the 18 mile run. Last weekend the wind was not nearly as strong as the weekend before, hence the reason I felt better after 21 miles than the 18 miler. This should be the most miles I will run in a week during this training cycle.

Won't be long I start to taper as it gets closer. My last long taper run will be the Kentucky Derby mini marathon the week before the full. Had a good time running that one last year & looking forward to running it again.

Thanks for reading.

Til next time, run strong & enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment