Sunday, March 21, 2010

6 short weeks away


The photo above is from Spectromagic, my favorite Disney parade at WDW. It's going away in June as the Main Street Electrical parade returns for a summer engagement. I truly hope Spectro comes back sometime in the future. The lights and music are fantastic in this parade. I listen to the soundtrack all the time on my Ipod while running.

This past week I run a total of 32 miles. A couple of easy runs, a hill run (not hill repeats) & my long run which was 18 miles. The temp was 35 degrees with NNE wind of 20 to 25 mph. I did really well the first 14 miles. I was doing a pretty good job with my pacing & doing OK with my hydration and nutrition. The WIND finally got me. I finished the last 3 miles by doing a run/walk combination, but I did complete 18 miles in 3 hours and 19 minutes.

Next week will be my longest LSD run prior to the marathon. 21 miles is on the schedule. After that tapering will begin. I sometimes forget that I am running the Kentucky Derby mini marathon a week before the Illinois marathon. The Derby run will be a good taper/training run. I'm really getting excited about running a full marathon. Of course, all of this in preparation for the 2011 WDW Goofy challenge.

Thanks for reading.

Til next time, run strong & enjoy the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment. And good luck with your upcoming race. As far as the WDW parades, I love them both. Hate that I'll miss the Electrical Parade this Summer. Would like to see it again for old times sake.

    Albert

    ReplyDelete