Sunday, March 7, 2010

8 weeks to go

This past week of training was a pull back week. I only ran 26 miles. My long run on Saturday was 12 miles which I ran in 2 hours & 3 minutes. I ran it progression style. Started out with 2 w/u miles at an 11:00 minute pace. Miles 3-5 10:30 to 11:00 minute pace. Miles 6-10 10:00 to 10:15 pace. Mile 11 I ran at a 9:32 pace and mile 12 I pushed it and ran it at an 8:44 pace. Was a little tired at the end but felt pretty good.



The rest of the week went like this: Monday 5 miles, Wednesday a 50 minute tempo run covering 5 miles & Thursday an easy 4 miler. I know this coming week I will be upping the mileage. My date with the marathon is only 8 short weeks away.
One of my favorite attractions at Disneyland. What is it?

We are celebrating 3 family birthdays this week starting with my granddaughter's today. Also this week is my wife and daughters b'days. Happy Birthday to the three favorite girls in my life!!!



Thanks for reading.



Til next time, run strong & enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment