Monday, December 7, 2009

5 Weeks down, 5 to go

In week 5 of my training I ran 21 miles. Monday 3 miles, Wednesday 5 miles, Thursday 3 miles & Saturday, my long run, 10 miles. That was the first time since the Disneyland 1/2 I had run double digit miles in one run.

Once again the weather on Saturday was not to bad. Temp was in the low 30's and the wind was not blowing to strong. I did my run in 1 hour, 31 minutes and 58 seconds. I was right around a 9 minute mile pace. I don't know if I can maintain that pace for an entire 1/2, but I'm sure going to try.

I am having withdrawals. Normally every year we go to the World for 3 or 4 days at Christmas time. This year we are staying home and I am missing it. I have watched a couple of Disney Christmas specials on the tube, but we would rather be there in person. This is one of the reasons am I so looking forward to be being there next month.

I will update next week with week 6 of training. It could be interesting with all of the snow that is forecast for the upcoming week.

Thanks for reading.

Til next time, run strong & enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment