Sunday, November 8, 2009

One week down, Nine to go


I have completed the 1st week of my training. It was a pretty easy week, I only ran 13 miles, which is what the schedule calls for. Next week 15 miles. Also, next Sunday is our local Jingle Bell 5K. I have run this race for as many years as I can remember. It is a good time for a good cause.

I finally joined D23. I bought the fall issue of the magazine, the one that highlighted the Haunted Mansion, and decided I would pay the membership fee just for the magazine at least for a year. I have thought a lot lately about our trip to Disneyland this past September. I can not wait to go back, but I gotta wait until next September.

Went to our local running store yesterday and got my wife properly fitted for a new pair of running shoes. She has been mixing a lot of walking with some running and she needed a new pair of shoes. While there I bought a new pair of Asics 2140's. I got them for a fantastic price. I will save them and start wearing them after the WDW 1/2 in January. I will post next week and let you all know how the training and the Jingle Bell run went.

Thanks for reading.

Til next time, run strong & enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment