Monday, November 16, 2009

2 weeks down 8 to go & Jingle Bell 5K

I have completed the 2nd week of my 1/2 marathon training. This week only called for 15 miles, with the long run being 5 this past Saturday. I did my long run in 45 minutes, which I was pretty pleased with. A 9 minute pace is good for me. I don't know if I can maintain that pace for an entire 1/2 marathon, but I'm going to try and see what happens.



This week calls for a total of 16 miles with a 5 mile run on Saturday. I hope the weather cooperates. Rain is in the forecast for the next 3 days.

Speaking of rain, yesterday was the annual Jingle Bell 5K run. We ran it in pouring rain. My time was 27:25, which I did not think was to bad with the rain. The entire event was very disorganized. This was the 1st year for a new route. The route was not bad, just the host location. Once you finished the race you can eat. Lots of restaurants donate food for this event every year. All finishers had to stand in line in the rain to get there food. There was no place to eat once you got your food, unless you wanted to stand in the rain and eat. We opted to drive home, change into dry clothes and eat. I have run this race many times in all different kinds of weather, which I don't mind considering the time of year, but the rest of the event was pretty bad. I'm sure there will be numerous complaints voiced about it.

I will update you after week 3 of training. Thanks for reading.

Til next time run strong and enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment