Friday, June 12, 2009

Back to running & My Garmin

I took a week and a half off from running while I was gone on my fishing trip to Canada. I started back on Monday the 1st. I did 15 miles for the week. It was not to bad, actually it felt really good to be running again. I missed my run days. It is such a big part of my life, I get pretty cranky when I don't get my runs in each week.

For my birthday I got a Garmin 305. Wow is it cool. I really like all the features it has and love how it can help/assist with meeting your training goals whatever they may be. I have not installed the training software as of yet. I have read some other blogger & listened to some podcast reviews which have not been very good, so I might not install it.

Only 17 days until our next trip to the World. We are really looking forward to being there, even though it will be hot and muggy. It has been many years since we have been there in summertime. We will take plenty of rest breaks in the afternoon. I don't suspect we will go Commando style like we used to when the kids were young.

Today I am running in the Special Olympics Torch Run & tomorrow morning running a 5K. In a couple of weeks I will start my training for the Disneyland 1/2 in September. Can't wait to get the Coast to Coast medal.

Thanks for reading.

Til next time run strong & enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment